Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Do you hear that? Silence!

I don't know about everyone else, but life has been crazy around here! Zach has been super busy with work, having many more meetings and other activities than he has had before.  Many nights he is not home when I put the kids to bed.  We are hoping that soon we will get used to some kind of schedule.  Thank goodness for Fridays off!

We have had much difficulty in finding doctors here in Las Cruces.  Zach spent most of his time Thursday calling doctors, clinics, and people we know here to see if they could recommend a doctor for us.  We got a doctor for the kids (the wife of a board member) even though they weren't accepting new patients and got well visits scheduled for October (the soonest they could get in).  No such luck for us.  Thursday afternoon was spent in the ER to see about some stomach pains I had been having.  The diagnosis is a probable ulcer and I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist on Wednesday.  Thankful that we had someone to call that afternoon to come and get the kids so they didn't have to sit there with me (though they are no strangers to an er unfortunately).

Saturday was Zachs and mine anniversary. Six years! Doesn't sound so long but I have a hard time remembering my life before Zach.  We had a Wesley student come sit for the kids while we went to a movie and out to dinner.  It was a great day.  I couldn't love my family more!

Sunday my parents stopped by for a quick visit on their way home from Arizona.  Even though Zach had to work we enjoyed their visit.  Noah was so sad to see his Weazer and Riley leave Monday morning that I didn't think he would ever stop crying.

Monday we had some friends over for a cookout and a friendly game of Mexican Train.  Good times were had by all.

Even among the chaos that is our life, it is so easy to see how much we are blessed.  Sending prayers out to a wonderful family I love as they are anticipating answers tomorrow....

No comments: