Sunday, September 18, 2011

Life is....

Lately, as in the past year, I am often reminded as that oft quoted line from Forrest Gump, you know, that one about a box a chocolates.  Just when I think that I have this thing called "life" figured out I am proven wrong.  Not a bad thing mind you, but surprising.  When Zach took this job at Wesley we were excited about not working at a church.  We would finally be able to choose where we wanted to worship and choose what activities we wanted to be a part of.  So, we get here and what do I do? I apply to be the Youth Minister at a church here in town and get the job.  I guess some habits are just hard to break. ;) No, to be honest, Zach and I both have a heart for youth and I am honored to be able to be a part of this new group of young people.

Yesterday we enjoyed a tailgate at the NMSU football game.  It was a great opportunity for members of all the Methodist churches in town to gather together with the Wesley kids and enjoy fellowship and food.  The weather was wonderful and the company outstanding.  I am looking forward to the next time we can all get together.

Zoe is absolutely loving school.  She spends much of the time she is home practicing writing her letters and copying words she sees written on random objects.  This morning while eating breakfast she practiced writing on her "doodle" or Magna Doodle as most people know it.  She wrote Zach, Mom and Zoe.  She has a strong desire to learn and it is serving her well.

Noah is become quite the messer.  He is constantly in to something be it the craft closet or the toilet.  He is also getting two new teeth in and the massive amount of drool has caused a nasty rash to break out on his chin.  He's a good little one, always making us smile.

On a side note, how excited are you about Fall tv??? Don't you just love this time of year?  Okay, must go now and get my dear little girl a cup of juice that her father apparently forgot to get her before he left for work. (The horrors!)  Until next time...

No comments: