Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Road Trip!

Last weekend the kids and I loaded in the car and hit the road.  We traveled back to Plainview for my grandmother's 90th birthday party.  It's not a trip we could of made had we still been living in New Boston, but since we are closer, those six hours don't seem so bad.  I always worry when we get to see family if Noah will remember them.  In the past it has always taken him about a day to warm up to everyone again.  This trip, however, he went running to my mom with open arms.  Relief!

Usually our trips home are stressful and frantic.  We prefer to only go home when we have plenty of time to stay, just so we can have the time to fit everyone in.  I didn't feel stressed this trip.  Perhaps it was because Zach didn't go with me, I don't know.  I didn't do much.  Mom and I worked on jigsaw puzzles in the evenings, enjoying visiting together.  Thursday we celebrated my sister's birthday with a great meal (gluten free of course).

Saturday was the day of the party.  We weren't sure how many people would brave the wind (West Texas wind, I do no miss you) to come celebrate with us, but I thought we had a great turnout.  I may have consumed a slice or two of delicious cake.  I really enjoyed being able to sit and visit with family that I don't get to see very often.  Zoe remarked to me that she didn't want Grammy to die.  When I asked her why she thought she was going to die, Zoe answered, "Because she's old and Dada was old and he died."  I had a difficult time convincing her that Grammy was planning on being around a while.

Saturday night, after stuffing the kids with sugar, they went to spend the night with Zach's parents.  Then my parents and I went to eat with more family sans kids!  That doesn't happen much and it was so nice.

As I crawled into bed that night, I felt overwhelmingly blessed.  I have such a wonderful family, immediate and extended.  I just cant praise them enough.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend:

 Grammy gets some help opening presents.

 My mom, grandmother, and aunt.

Dad watches the kids play outside.


We are heading back there in a week for Thanksgiving.  The kids and I are getting to be such travelers!

Happy day to you!

No comments: